February 2, 2010

Dewey the cat

I started reading Vicky Myron's book "Dewey". Dewey was rescued as an 8 weeks old kitten from Spencer's (Iowa) library’s drop box after surviving a freezing night all by himself. The director of the library decided to keep the kitten in the library, as a pet that could be shared with the community. The story is by turns touching and funny so if you looked at me while I am reading the book, there are only two faces you could see: smiling from ear to ear or sniffing with teary eyes. Dewey Readmore Books was a very loving and affectionate cat who could detect sadness in people and those were the people he devoted most of his time to. Pupa is just the opposite of him.. but I still love her to pieces. I'll tell you more about the book when I am finished with it.. .I don't think you'll have to wait long:))) 


3 comments:

Martina said...

Oh...what a beautiful cat!!! Tell me more about the book, please! =)
Martina

Melody said...

Like a long haired Pete Purrington! Oh how i hope that the story has a happy ending... :)

Christina said...

I have heard of Dewey, would love to read the book! He is very handsome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...