November 19, 2012

My first bread ever! And it's vegan!

World,  prepar to be shocked: I baked my first bread today. Ever. I was looking for recipes with spelt and I found this really easy and healthy recipe for wholewheat spelt bread. It is the only kind of recipes that I like. Easy. I am not able to deal with yeast yet. 


And here's the super easy recipe (you can see from the words that I use that I am not a baker :) :
0,5 kg wholewheat spelt flour (probably any wholewheat flour will do)
20 dag seeds (or less or none): sunflower, lax, pumpkin... or you can add nuts, walnuts
1 little package of baking powder from wine stone
1 little spoon of salt
1 big spoon of olive oil
0,5 l of sparkling mineral water.

Mix everything together. As it is not firm, you need a bread or cake model or even the models for muffins for little buns. Put the mix in the model. Preheat the oven to 200C and then bake for an hour. 

If anyone tries it I would love to know if you liked it.

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

it looks really good. :)

Melody said...

Wow, look at you baking bread!! Yeahhh,woo hoo!! *clap*clap*
I can make bread in the bread maker ~ you buy a box of bread "Stuff"...put it in bread machine, plug in, turn on and wait until it beeps to say "i'm done!"
I'm very proud of you doing it the all manual labor way~
So...the big question...how did it taste?

meowmeowmans said...

That looks (and sounds) pretty tasty! We'll have to give this recipe a try. Thank you for sharing. :)

Knatolee said...

That looks yummy and I'm amazed there's no yeast in it!

Roula Markaki said...

Considering this done Sandra! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...