August 14, 2010

They are keeping me from blogging....

from reading and commenting on the blogs I follow, from e-mailing, from reading, from letter writing, from house cleaning, .....
my favorite little girl - she is the smallest of the bunch
my little girl playing... she plays ALL the time
ok.... she sleeps once in a while (she's on the left)
the white beauty
the white beauty number 2
black & white
sleepy
really? another photo?
posing
a crowd
the loudest purrer of them all
she looks a lot like Pupa...
....onyl Pupa never sleeps like this
almost feral black kittens...working on socializing them
I know you are scared...
Since I can't volunteer at the dog shelter, I found out there is a provisional cat shelter for kittens (there are 11 right now) . They all live in a bigger room (not like you see on TV) and they play together, sleep together, eat together... This is good for their social skills, not so good for their health: when one gets a runny nose, everyone gets a runny nose. My co-worker and I do most of the work there since they allowed us to bring 4 black kittens who lived on the street. We clean after them, we feed them, we play with them and we give them medicine (at 7 a.m. and at 7 p.m.). We spend hours there and since I am back to 8 hours shifts (from 4 hours shifts) my afternoons are suddenly REALLY short. But I love spending time with the little ones!

12 comments:

Louise said...

Kittens are just about the cutest things that there are. Who couldn't spend hours and hours playing with them, and caring for them. Any chance that your favorite will be coming home with you?

Sharon said...

Such pretty babies! I'm sure they take up a lot of time, but the pleasure is always worth it!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures Sandra! And what a good thing you're doing. Thank you for all of the wonderful things you do!

Martina said...

Oh...how cute they are all! I can imagine you spend most of the time there =)
Hugs,
Martina

Lori Skoog said...

Your post looks very familiar. Something about kittens and cameras!

Our granddaughters were in Zablace...very beautiful.
They got back to New York City last night.

V.L. Locey said...

How adorable they are!!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

How adorable they are!!! I've been wanting a kitten for some reason, but don't want to upset the balance and upset our current cat whose been the queen for more than 8 years now...

sunset pines farm said...

oh they are precious! So glad they have the two of you to take such great care of them...I can't wait for the day when there is a loving home for each one.
I would not be surprised if at least one comes home with you, actually:)

Melody said...

They are beautiful aren't they??!! and I think Pupa needs a new little friend... :)

Carla said...

Beautiful, beautiful kittens! You shouldn't have any trouble finding homes for them.

Heather said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
I can certainly see why you are so busy.
Enjoy yourself!

Inger said...

Sandra, what a wonderful thing you are doing for these adorable kitttens. Such important work, we will wait for you and keep checking your blog posts.--Inger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...