January 3, 2010

How come choosing the title is the hardest part?

I daily check this website: http://cuteoverload.com/ as it always puts a smile on my face. For all of you animal lovers - check it out!

I gave up on the book that I was reading, The Shipping News. I just couldn't do it anymore. It is not about the content, but the writing itself or maybe the translation. I wanted to read it as it is set in Newfoundland where one of my pen friends lives, but I guess I'll have to learn about the place from her. I just cannot stick to a book that I don't particularly like, no matter what the reason for not liking it is. If it doesn't grab me till page 30, I will check how it is on page 50 and if I still don't like it, I'll get another book (I got to page 195 with Shipping News which proves that I really wanted to finish it). So today I started reading Imprimatur by the Italian authors Rita Monaldi and Francesco Sorti, a historical novel set in 1683. About a papal mystery. I love mysteries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I read Shipping News, and while i agree it was hard to get into... I ended up liking it very much... We even saw the movie years later...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...